Monday, September 29, 2008

Piano grades....

So I read someone's blog bout how she finished her grade 8 and is offering lessons. Which got me to think.

So many people are learning piano. It's just like, how stereotype. Parents all think the same: kids should learn musical instrument, piano the best. Stuffs like that. (I mean, I dun think many parents will think of guitars when they want their kids to learn an instrument. Besides, like I already told panda, guitar lessons are for weeabos. Ppl should learn guitars the macho way; self teach by internet!!! *getshot*)


*ahem*


So what's the point of us working hard to get all these grades actually? I mean it's not like half the number of students passing grade 8 are actually considering music for their future career. So what's the point? In the end it's more of quantity than quality already. So many people passed grade 8 already. It's not all that great, really. Even some lil kids can play better.


The grading system is so over rated. Really. Because of exams most students lose interest. It's no longer enjoying music. It's practice practice practice to get grades. And for what? To show off? Even though u'll end up being an engineer or something?


*yea yea some of you can also argue that I'm only bitter from the fact that most ppl already took grade 8 this year, or even earlier on. Or that I'm even in the same grade as someone two years younger than me. Yes Kelly I know, I shouldn't complain xDDD*

No comments: