Friday, May 15, 2009

An entry dedicated to my dearest pals

Lolness... Yesterday my dad bought me a packet of nasi tomato for lunch. Then he was like, " this has got to be the best nasi tomato in Penang, try it, try it!" (yes, i know ur thinking how is food related to friendship, but read on).

So I open the packet of Nasi Tomato and the moment I see it, I'm reminded of all the times at camps, and courses and etc where they serve Nasi Tomato(they always serve Nasi Tomato for some reason). And as I eat it, feel like the Nasi Tomato tastes quite bland, the curry isn't even spicy(but for some reason my dad is drinking water by the cup) and I find that the rice is, as I told my dad, "Not bad la... " (Read : Not very good, but don't wanna disappoint my dad)

Then my dad says, " If you like, it then next time we'll eat more of Nasi Tomato and less Nasi Lemak, ok?" At the mention of Nasi Lemak, i remember all the days in school where we eat Nasi Lemak and though its just school Nasi Lemak, i feel it tastes better than what my dad supposedly calls the 'best Nasi Tomato in Penang'. This is (I think) because when you eat with friends, i guess the food seems tastier and although in reality it maybe over-salty or over-spicy you will still think it tastes great. And somehow, eating Nasi Lemak anywhere else seems to remind me of the moments at school. So I tell my dad " no thanks dad, I'll stick to Nasi Lemak, if you don't mind".

Hey, I'd rather be reminded of my friends than days of camps and courses. XD

Love u people!

Okay, thats it. *Getshot*

No comments: